Nothing is quite as simple and inexpensive as building a Pink Paper Plane. Yet nothing is as symbolic and powerful as building a pink paper plane.
To raise awareness in your community in a simple, yet meaningful way, take the Pink Paper Plane Challenge™!
Let’s unite across the globe to generate unprecedented levels of awareness on March 8 to celebrate the anniversary of the world’s first female pilot licence.
- Download the official WOAW Week Pink Paper Plane template and print as many copies as needed.
- Gather as many persons as possible at your school, community, workplace, event, etc. on March 8, 2019.
- Build one WOAW Week Pink Paper Plane per person.
- On cue, launch all the WOAW Week Pink Paper Planes (for safety reasons, never throw a paper plane in the direction of a living creature) while screaming “Let’s add pink in aviation” in your native language.
- Share your photos and videos along with the number of planes and the launch city/country on social media using hashtag #PinkPaperPlaneDay #WOAW19
Guinness World Record Requirements
iWOAW will coordinate record setting attempts in the following categories:
- Most paper aircraft launched simultaneously (multiple venues)
- Most paper aircraft launched simultaneously (multiple time zones)
Guinness World Records has provided iWOAW strict rules to follow during the record setting attempts. Here are some of the key requirements:
- Day: March 8, 2019
- Time: local time varies with time zones (see map)
- Activity: Launch approved-design Pink Paper Planes (template – A4 or Letter – using the approved folding instructions) within 5 seconds of the specified time
- Minimum number of participants per venue: 40
- Registration: Activity must be registered as an official Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week activity
- Independent witnesses: A minimum of 2 eligible independent witnesses must be present throughout the attempt and write a report
- Recording: The attempt must be continuously video-recorded. In addition, photos must be supplied.
- Venue: The venue must have controllable entries and exits.
- Timing: Precise timing is required (please use www.time.is for precise local time)
- Accountability: Strict counting methods apply to assess the number of people (male and female) present and the number of Pink Paper Planes launched
If you wish to participate in the Guinness World Record attempts, you must download our WOAW Week Activity Organizer Kit and register your activity by March 1, 2019.
Participating venues will receive a Certificate of Participation.