Location: Yellowknife Airport (map)
As much about education as it is about inspiring and motivating girls and women, everyone – male and female alike – is encouraged to experience the magic and uniqueness of this event and get involved.
- Fun for the whole family!
- Free flights over the City of Yellowknife for eligible girls & women
- Learn about aviation vocations
- Explore cool aircraft and meet the crews that operate and maintain them
- Fun activities are planned which will educate, entertain and inspire
- Interact with notable women VIP leaders in aviation
Free helicopter rides for eligible girls & women! – no words can truly explain the joy and excitement inspired by getting airborne for the first time. This key moment is often the catalyst that is needed to awaken aeronautic vocations. The helicopter rides are sponsored by Trinity Helicopters and other local businesses in order for all girls and women to have an opportunity for first flight without financial barriers.
Explore the flight line static display, where we have planned an impressive array of aircraft which will be freely available for the entire audience to explore. Crewmembers including women VIP leaders will be happy to answer any questions, show off their aircraft and describe the varied vocations available in aviation and aerospace.
Watch the summary video from last year’s event.
Flight availability is limited. Scroll down to complete the flight reservation form today!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING TO FLY
Only register eligible girls and women (no previous small aircraft flight; previous airline flights OK).
- Each registrant must have a unique email address.
- Girls under 19 must bring a consent form signed by their legal guardian in order to fly in this event.
This event is made possible by these pro-women sponsors:
If after your first flight, you decide learning to fly is something that you want to do, check out the “First-to-Solo” Challenge.
Your first small aircraft flight. Watch the video.
528 signed up so far.
Event date is past