MD | Frederick | Pink-Women Fly it Forward Day
November 7, 2012 in by Mireille - Intl Team Leader
Location: Frederick Municipal Airport, Frederick, MD, USA (map)
In 2011, Frederick Municipal Airport won the honor of being the ‘Most Female Pilot Friendly Airport Worldwide’ after providing free rides for 185 women. In 2012, trophies arrived in Frederick once again after 244 girls and women received free flights, earning the ‘Most Female Pilot Friendly Airport in the United States’ and the ‘Most Female Pilot Friendly Airport Worldwide’ first runner up titles.
At the airport, numerous attractions will be available. Given the 2013 theme “Women and Space”, attractions will include space related information and the presence of space VIPs. Meet, listen to and ask questions to:
- Pilot and astronaut Pam Melroy (11 AM & 2 PM)
- Mamta Patel Nagaraja, Ph.D., Women@NASA Project Manager (9 AM)
Come and discover aviation history, meet professionals within the air and space industry, and receive information about aviation associations’ activities and information about learning to fly.
Everyone is welcome. Access is free.
Free flight experiences are available to girls and women of all ages who have not flown in small aircraft.
Flight availability is limited. Scroll down to complete the flight reservation form today!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING
- Only register eligible girls and/or women who have not previously flown in a small aircraft (airline flights are OK).
- Each registrant must have a unique email address.
- Download the Waiver Form, print it, and bring it completed and signed to the event.
- Flights might not leave on time or may be cancelled/postponed due to weather.
This event is made possible by these pro-women sponsors:
If after your first flight, you decide learning to fly is something that you want to do, check out the “First-to-Solo” Challenge.
Your first small aircraft flight. Watch the video.
183 signed up so far. Limit: 325.