Did you discover flying during the 2013 Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week? We have a challenge just for you.
If you made up your mind and you decided to learn to fly, don’t delay. Be the first to solo and win an amazing prize courtesy of Sennheiser, Goldstripes Aviation, and the member-partners of the Institute for Women Of Aviation Worldwide.
The first woman to solo after discovering flying during the 2013 Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week will receive a “cross-country ready” package prize valued at $700.
What is in the “cross-country ready” package prize (value $700)?
- 1 – Stylish and very comfortable Sennheiser S1 Passive headset
- 1 – Official WOAW week all-season jacket
- 1 – 3″ gold plated wings pin
- 1 – Official WOAW week t-shirt
- 1 – Stunning and hard working WOAW week pilot backback
- 1 – Hendricks 9G Plus Kneeboard
- 1 – APR E6B-4 Metal Flight Computer
- 1 – Deluxe Color-coded 13″ Rotating Azimuth Navigation Plotter
- 1 – Slipping the Surly Bonds/Quotations on Flight
Note: If one of the items becomes unavailable, it will be replaced by an equivalent item of the same or greater value.
For Canadian Women Only
The first woman to solo in Canada will receive a complementary one-year subscription to Canadian Aviator Magazine to stay abreast Canadian pilots issues and activities.
To qualify for the challenge, you must:
- Be a member of this website (register for free here)
- Take your first flight during the 2013 Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week (the flight must be listed as a Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week flight under 2013 Flight Participants) or participate to one of the contests of the 2013 Women Of Aviation Worldwide Week
- Fill this form to be listed as a Women Of Aviation of tomorrow before you begin your training
- Submit the first page and the solo page of your logbook
- Tax liability, if any, will be the sole responsibility of the recipient. Minors (as determined by their jurisdiction of residence) may not participate or be awarded a prize without the consent of a parent or guardian.
- The Institute for Women Of Aviation Worldwide is not responsible for any application, however submitted, which is not received.