Win $1,000 CAD towards training (flight or organizational skills)!
Although many first flights are offered by pilots acting individually, there is no doubt that events that bring the community together with the aim of improving it generate a special kind of rewarding and invigorating energy.
The individuals who take the lead in their community and spend countless hours organizing, motivating, nurturing, and rallying their communities are priceless but too often unsung.
iWOAW and its member-partners want to celebrate and reward those who go out of their way to help and motivate others. Our organizer contest is designed to reward the most outstanding organizers.
The contest relies on a point system which credits organizers that perform qualifying activities in association with the WOAW week event. The organizers who earn the most points win great prizes.
How to participate
To participate, event organizers must keep track of all the qualifying activities and report them by March 17, 2013.
List of qualifying activities and their point values
- 5 pts per female registered through the WOAW week website online registration system (you must announce your event to take advantage of this feature)
- 10 pts per introduced girl/woman
- 10 pts per volunteer (pilot and ground)
- 25 pts per pilot or volunteer participating to the event that becomes a VIP Club member
- 25 pts per girl/woman introduced to flying registering for the “First-to-Solo” challenge
- 50 pts per celebrity/VIP guest
- 50 pts per local media report
- 100 pts per national or international media report
- 150 pts per local TV or radio interview
- 250 pts per national or international TV or radio interview
- 250 pts per eligible iWOAW partner member who selects to have a presence at event
- 500 pts for timely and complete submission of event report and photos/video
The winner will receive $1,000 CAD toward flight or organizational skills training. The lump sum will be deposited on the account of the recipient at the school where the training will take place.